On 17.11.2015 15:12, Jan Kandziora wrote:
> Errm. That's exactly the same as a "two-bit-array" with valid values 00,
> 01, 10.

Right. However, bits are supposed to be independent of each other. These
are not.

I suppose one could use "main", "aux" and "none" instead. Or define
these constants as such, somewhere.

> The reason I have used "mainselect" and "auxselect" in my patch was it
> is a write-only value anyway and I did not want to introduce arbitrary
> numerical values to have a meaning.

I disagree. You have state ("the branch that's currently active") which
you can read (or at least you could, up to April 2010 …) and write.

The fact that the implementation of reading vs. writing this state is
wildly different at the chip level is not something I want the user of
OWFS to concern themselves with.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs