I keep 2.9.5 in my repo and give it a make install on every automated build I
do. I am on raspbian and also Jessie and both work great. I use ds2483,
however, not linkusb. See here (swig lib-fuse et al at top and owfs down below)

https://github.com/iinnovations/iicontrollibs/blob/master/misc/initscript.sh