Thank you, Matthias, for your opinion. I see you, but...

15.10.2016 17:43, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> On 15.10.2016 15:23, Henry Pootel wrote:
>> Some bytes are lost. (00 - this bytes are lost!!! May be something
>> else..)
> Null bytes are end-of-string indicators in C. Apparently something
> ignores the binary data length.

So, the binary data owwrite to an external sensor is not possible.
Isn't it?

> May I ask what your use case for sending binary data to your 1wire
> server via OWFS *is*?
> I'd use scp or some other protocol that actually works for arbitary
> binary data, because the owfs protocol apparently does not.

It's right, but I use a raspberry pi and would not use a lot of
protocols for connections to a base server. It's an economy of resources
of the raspberry pi. I think, the external sensor
(a virtual family device) is a way for make a cheap decision
for a feedback to a raspberry pi.

Of course, I can try owwrite an ascii data without compression.
But, it's a workaround of the binary write. It's not a decision.

Thank you.

--

== Henry Pootel ==