The issue *may* be that the relay board is overloading the power
available from the LinkUSB and causing random resets of the DS2408. It
depends on the power required to drive the relays on the Hobbyboards board.

Our relay board takes 160mA with all relays energised and this will
cause an overload on a LinkUSB which can only supply 50mA. If you are
powering it separately then this isn't going to be an issue, of course.

Nigel