Am 22.07.2017 um 12:24 schrieb Dr. Trigon:

> Raspi Zero is fine too, but someone needs
> to tell me how to set the software up, how to build the stuff
> together.

1. You buy a Raspberry Pi Zero W.
2. You put an Raspian image (minimal will do) from the Raspberry Pi
website onto an >2GB micro SD card and put it into the Pi.
3. You switch on the thing, connect a HDMI screen and keyboard to it,
then login into this little Linux box in front of you.
4. You configure Wifi and Internet connection to get the thing connected
to your indoors equipment and load software form the internet.
5. You apt-get the owserver package and edit the raspi's
/boot/config.txt to include the w1-gpio overlay on GPIO4. Reboot.
6. You now have a 3.3V onewire on GPIO4, available through Wifi, TCP
port 4304. This is what owserver does.
7. Your indoor devices can connect to that owserver on the Raspberry via
-s <raspi-ip>:4304 command line option.
8. Congrats. You are done.

> I don't want to run another instance of owfs on those
> devices as they should act as master and not owfs servers.

I don't know what weird idea you have about how owserver works but it's
designed explicitely for the thing you want to do. I use it that way in
my setups.

It is "bullshit" (to use your words) to avoid owserver just because you
… yeah, what … don't know it better?

> Basically
> I could write a sketch for Arduino that emulates linkhube master and
> then should be able to connect this to owserver but that would be
> quite some effort given FHEM has already a solution for this... The
> power btw. is no concern, if needed I can use a car battery... ;))

This means reinventing the wheel. Have fun.

Kind regards

        Jan