On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 02:38:29PM +0100, Christian Vogel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> running owfs 3.2p1-1 on ArchLinux (installed via aur), with recent systemd
> the mount for owfs does not show up in the system. This is caused by the
> RuntimeDirectory in /run essentially being a bind-mount from somewhere else
> (as researched by the nice folks in the #systemd channel). The mount of owfs
> then doesn't propagate to the rest of the system and is invisible to
> everything but the owfs process.

  Wasn't overzealous protection of /run a bug (fixed already) in systemd:
 https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/7260 ?
  Does your systemd version include that commit?

> Please change the mount to somewhere outside of /run, I propose
> /dev/bus/owfs. See attached file.

  Nack. As Jan noted, we should rather remove the unit. Besides,
 quick googling didn't find any rules or FHS description of /dev/bus
 directory – so I don't know what to think about it.

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia