To: "Damyan Ognyanoff" <dam...@sirma.bg>
Cc: <owlim-discussion@ontotext.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Owlim-discussion] question about SwiftOWLIM/Sesame integration

Thanks! Here's what I tried:

1. copied the owlim-2.9.1\lib\*.lib files to openrdf-sesame-2.2.4\lib

2. created a templates subdirectory of the "\Documents and Settings\my-username\Application Data\Aduna\OpenRDF Sesame" directory. Sesame had already created that directory, so I know that it knows that that directory is there. (Note that that last step on the path was called "OpenRDF Sesame" and not openrdf-sesame as you described below, if that means anything).

3. copied the owlim.ttl that you supplied into that templates directory

4. restarted Tomcat

5. loaded the data file shown below, which lists given name and surname information for two people using different namespaces to do so, and includes a bit of OWL to say that v:given-name and f:firstName are equivalent properties

6. issued this query, and didn't get "Dobalena" returned with "Mutt", as I did when I had Pellet issue the same query against the data file:

 select ?ln where  { ?s <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/surname> ?ln }

Did the slight difference in the directory name make a difference, or did I miss a step?

thanks,

Bob

<!-- data file -->

<rdf:RDF xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:outlook#"
        xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#";
        xmlns:f="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/";
        xmlns:v="http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#";
        xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";>

 <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://localhost:2020/addrbook/RichardMutt";>
   <f:firstName>Richard</f:firstName>
   <f:surname>Mutt</f:surname>
 </rdf:Description>

 <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://localhost:2020/addrbook/BobDobalena";>
   <v:given-name>Bob</v:given-name>
   <v:family-name>Dobalena</v:family-name>
 </rdf:Description>

<owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#family-name";>
   <owl:equivalentProperty>
     <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/surname"/>
   </owl:equivalentProperty>
 </owl:DatatypeProperty>

</rdf:RDF>

Damyan Ognyanoff wrote:
Hi Bob,

there shouldn't be a problem of setting up and use a SwiftOWLIM repository from inside of openrdf-workbench application - all you need is to copy the template ttl file (attached) into <ADUNA_DATA>/openrdf-sesame/templates folder and that is - feel free to alter the paramaters - do not forget also to place both owlim jars into the lib subfolder of openrdf-sesame webapplication

regards,
Damyan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob DuCharme" <b...@snee.com>