Dear sirs,

let me please reopen the talk about reasoning in OWLIM/SESAME. Ivan Peikov explained me, that custom rules at the moment do not support SPARQL 1.1 or some math built-in functions, and he suggest me to use SPARQL (construct).

I am afraid, that this method will be unusable. Since we want to work with cca. 1Bilion triples that use serious inference (owl:sameAs, and many custom rules...) the usability of SPARQL kind reasoning would look like this:

1. I will load thousands of triples in each batch to the repository, where the Trree reasoner will use custom rules for business logic. 2. Next I would to use SPARQL insert query above all implicit and explicit triples, where the conditions will be rules written inside the SPARQL 1.1 3. I would need to rereason td database again, because I created new triples based on step 2. Moreover, the lack is that the triples created in step two are explicit, rather than implicit.

I hope that I explained it well.

Thus let me please ask, is there possibility to write custom function for the Trree reasoner likewise it is possible to SPARQL query? Because with custom function in custom query I would need to use step 1, ie. simple triples loading and automated inference.

With kindest personal regards
miroslav