Hello Pallavi,

OWLIM-Lite is an in-memory RDF database, so the limitation on how much it can store is given by the amount of available memory on the machine.

To be honest, we have no hard figures for the ratio of raw data size to java heap required, but there is something in the FAQ about this:

http://owlim.ontotext.com/display/OWLIMv53/OWLIM+FAQ#OWLIMFAQ-HowmuchmemorydoesOWLIMLiteneed%3F

Loading very large datasets is not possible using the openrdf-sesame workbench, it will cause most browsers problems, e.g. connection time-out. Again, there is a small amount of info in the FAQ about this:

http://owlim.ontotext.com/display/OWLIMv53/OWLIM+FAQ#OWLIMFAQ-HowdoIloadlargeamountsofdataintoOWLIMSEorOWLIMEnterprise%3F

My suggestion, is to use the getting started application. This can load a directory tree of rdf files, 'chunk' them automatically into reasonable sized transactions and can apply various levels of data validation. You can find how to use this utility for this purpose here:

http://owlim.ontotext.com/display/OWLIMv53/OWLIM-Lite+Configuration#OWLIM-LiteConfiguration-Bulkdataloading

In any case, to load freebase into OWLIM-Lite you will certainly need a lot of memory. If you manage it, then I can imagine that it will take a lot of time to shutdown and to restart, as this is the only time that the statement indices are persisted/initialised. OWLIM-Lite s not recommended for such a large repository if you require any kind of resilience, start/stop performance or reliability. OWLIM-SE would be a better fit for this.

I hope this helps,
barry

Barry Bishop
OWLIM Product Manager