Hi,

user_webfinger install.php breaks head for me if I start a fresh setup:

[Tue Apr 10 14:22:42 2012] [error] [client ::1] PHP Warning: fopen(/srv/www/htdocs/.well-known/host-meta): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kf/oC/owncloud/apps/user_webfinger/appinfo/install.php on line 35, referer: http://localhost/oc/

In my setup, the webserver doc root is not writeable (for whatever reason).

But what bothers me more is that an app can stop the whole ownCloud from being functional. The first question is why is the install of user_webfinger performed at all? Is it default? If yes, ok :-) If not, the install.php should'nt run on a fresh setup, right?

The other, more interesting thing is: Can we somehow jail apps (at least non default ones) and avoid that the whole ownCloud is stopped from being functional. In perl, you would put an eval{ } statement around the script, do we have that for php also?

Thanks,

Klaas