Thank you very much for you answer Kevin, even if you're not an expert in this!

 Is there anybody else, who knows a little more?

 Thx!

----- Original Message -----
From: kpn...@pobox.com
Sent: 08/23/12 06:56 AM
To: Tóth Ádám
Subject: Re: [Owncloud] REDIRECT - depending on domain name

 On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 01:58:22AM +0200, "Tóth Ádám" wrote: > Hi, > I need a
genius:) > I want to set the language of ownCloud depending on the domain name.
> Let's say I have a www.cloud.com, and it's in English language. But I > want
to make the same site accessible with e.g. www.cloudhu.com in > Hungarian
language. It would be cheaper to go with a naming scheme similar to the one
used by wikipedia.org, with a subdomain for each language. Using your example
it would be en.cloud.com, hu.cloud.com, and so on. > 1. Do I have to install
another instance of ownCloud to handle this? In > this case, can ownCloud's
language be forced? > 2. Or can I redirect it INVISIBLE, and query the domain
name from > ownCloud / apache somehow? (INVISIBLE = domain name remains >
www.cloudhu.com in the browser, but it displays www.cloud.com) There is a
header sent by the browser with an ordered list of preferred languages. It
seems like that should be what triggers serving up different langua
 ges. Doing it that way gives you a single point of entry which may make it
easier to write documentation, advertising, do branding, whatever. The common
fallback is of course to rely on cookies. I do understand that either of these
requires support in ownCloud which may make it difficult for you to implement
before, say, dinnertime today. It's just an option. It looks like Firefox 3
(yes, I'm backlevel a bit) still has language selection in the preferences. But
I don't see it (on first blush) in an almost current Safari. Maybe I just don't
know where the setting is located. I don't know if this language feature is
still common or not. If it isn't then it doesn't really help you. It seems
weird that Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox would keep it in the preferences pane for a
decade if it wasn't being used, though. Hmmmm. I don't think your #2 above is
going to work. No idea on #1, though. Rereading the above it looks like I don't
know much. Sorry about that. Last time I ran a web ser
 ver full time was 12 years ago. Oh, and I believe this is my first post to the
list. "Hullo!" *wave* -- Kevin P. Neal http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/ "I like being
on the Daily Show." - Kermit the Frog, Feb 13 2001