From: "André Schild" <a.sch...@aarboard.ch>
To: owncloud@kde.org
Sent: Friday, 28 June, 2013 2:54:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Owncloud] slow performance on shared folders

What dabase backend do you use ?

sqlite might not be the best choice

André

Von: owncloud-boun...@kde.org im Auftrag von Andrei Mikhailovsky
Gesendet: Freitag, 28. Juni 2013 15:36
An: owncloud@kde.org
Betreff: [Owncloud] slow performance on shared folders

Hello guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to address very slow performance of ownCloud
when working with Shared files? I am running 5.0.7 and got several fairly large
folders (20GB+) which are being shared to several people. I've noticed that if
I am using my account to browse the folder structure is fairly quick to go from
folder to folder. The response is pretty good.

However, when I share these folders and login as another user who has access to
these folders through sharing, the performance is extremely poor. It takes 30+
seconds to go to any of the shared folder and any of its subfolders. After i've
visited several folders i've went back to root and tried to revisit the same
folders where i've just been. The revisits are also as slow as the initial
visits.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Many thanks

Andrei