Hi,

When refactoring XML content one other choice would be to use our "Tools->XML Refactoring" dialog. It has a choice there called "Replace element with XML Fragment" which might have been appropriate for this use case. Unfortunately it does not seem to work if I place an entity reference in the "XML Fragment" field. We'll work to fix this on our side.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor