Thank you Jirka for your explanation, that was very helpful. I never realized the bottom bar of Oxygen XML Author telling me the Unicode code for the current character.

When you say /"//I'm putting here directly encoded non-breaking space//"/ which code sequence are you using instead of   ?

Btw I made an interesting experience. My framework now writes a   into my XML file. When I switch from Author to Text mode, this   is not written in the text, it just looks like a "regular" space. But the bottom bar says it is a U+00A0. So everything is fine except the visual representation in the text.

When I close the XML file and open it again in text mode, there is suddenly a   displayed. So everything is even better after reopening the file.

Thanks and kind regards
Christian