I know this is a beginner question, but I am not sure what file I should modify
to alter the transformation of docbook to pdf. I would like to change the font
outputted by the pdf and also fix the numbering issue where there is no space
between the number and the text (see attachment). Where would I go to customize
the docbook to pdf transform?

I have tried copying the Docbook-pdf transform and editing the transform to
change the parameter from Times New Roman to two different open type fonts. One
transforms as the bold version, even though I have regular, italic, and bold
installed. The other transforms as italic, even though I have the regular,
italic, and bold installed. The numbering option is unclear to me.

For the font, here is what I tried and how it transformed: