Hi,

There is an /oxy_xpath()/ [1] function available that can execute XPath, but I'm not sure how it would help in this scenario. What comes to mind is the /onChange/ property on the combo box form control because it's value can be another action invoke when the combo commits a value. For example, you can invoke an XQuery update script [3] which can inspect the document to see what value was committed and can afterwards alter the document accordingly.

comboBox:before {
*content*:"A combo box that edits an attribute value. The possible values are provided from CSS:"
        oxy_combobox(
            edit,"@attribute",
            editable, false,
            values,"value1, value2, value3",
            labels,"Value no1, Value no2, Value no3",
            onChange, oxy_action(
                name,'Insert',
                operation,'XQueryUpdateOperation',
                arg-script,'insert node