From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Arjang Assadi
Sent: Tuesday, 1 June 2010 10:09
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Ignoring excpetions in catch

I thought only the beginner programmers or programmers without any
pride in their work or self discipline would write code like this:

try
{
  //some code goes here
}
catch
{
  //No code here just business as usual, do nothing about the exceptions!
}

but maybe I am wrong, this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319465 was
unexpected!
in the code in the above link are there any reasons for
1)Checking the type, or more generally first checking that at least
the minimum requirements of an operations will be satisfied before
using a sledge hammer?

2)Using some other (better) code e.g. reflection etc. would be
definitely more preferable to ignoring excpetion?

3)Any other suggestions?

Regards

Arjang