From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of David Connors
Sent: Wednesday, 23 June 2010 7:38 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] HealthSMART problems

On 23 June 2010 09:00, Greg Keogh <g...@mira.net<mailto:g...@mira.net>> wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/computers-could-cause-deaths-warn-doctors-20100621-ys9i.html
http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/hospital-shunned-over-computer-revelations-20100623-yw22.html
In The Age newspaper yesterday with a follow-up today.
Does anyone here know what sort of a system HealthSMART is or what sort of
platforms, tools and technologies were involved? Was anyone here involved? (you
can tell us, we’re like doctors in here).
No idea on the tools & tech front, but I think the recent public spending IT
debacles (Queensland is a world leader in this regard) are more down to a
combination of crap contracts and poor vendor/project management.

David.