This question seemed to diverge off into the Linq direction, but I didn't
see anyone confirm or deny if nHibernate is the way to go or not.

Some time ago I wrote an app and used Linq to SQL and was really happy with
how simple it made things. Then there was the on again off again future of
Linq to SQL (and to be honest I'm not sure what it's current future is). The
complexity and immaturity of EF and the minefield of alternatives makes for
a good question. I want something that was simple like Linq to SQL. Drag and
drop the data object onto a form and it wires it up for me, giving me POCOs
to code against.

I'll be needing to decide what to invest my time into. latest EF?
nHibernate? llbgen? Any further comments on what to use? I know (and love)
Linq. I'm not an expert but with LinqPad and Resharper I get by. Linq is
amazing.