On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Glen Harvy <g...@aquarius.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have received a few requests for a hardware / software solution that will
> allow a user to enter a PIN at a remote unattended site that will then
> contact via a wireless connection my software located off-site and providing
> the PIN is accepted, at least allow a door/gate to be opened, lights come
> on, dancing girls flash their tits etc etc etc.
>
> Does anyone know of such a beast available within Australia that will do
> such a thing via a suitable wireless interface?

You might try looking into arduino:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/KeypadTutorial

Or just a simple programmable device like:
http://www.netburner.com/products/serial_to_ethernet.html (I've used
something like that before, I can't remember the exact company name
right now though, but they are probably all similar).

--
silky

http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/

of being this signature."