Hey guys, was just wondering whether anyone has a solution for the
following;

We're developing DotNetNuke modules which live in a custom VS 2008 solution.
Each module is contained within a new project which gets packaged on build
and installed to a website as an extension which extracts the required files
into their appropriate location within the website. We'd like to share user
controls between these projects; however, in order to register them within
the module's a source path must be specified which works in our development
environment as well as when the modules are deployed to the website,
otherwise when a VS designer file is generated, it generates a control of
the incorrect type.

One solution I have found for this was to change the c# project settings and
use local IIS Web server as opposed to VS Development server as then I can
assign the virtual directory it creates to the website root and it can find
the user controls that I would like to register and this maintains the same
source path between both environments. The only issue with this is it
becomes a bit of a task to maintain in a team environment. Another obvious
solution would be to make a copy of the controls directory from the website
and place it within each module project directory; however this also becomes
difficult to maintain.

George