I did actually send another 'contact us' message with feedback after I
(finally) sent the first message. It took me 3 goes to strip out all the
'insecure' characters.

-----Original Message-----
From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com
[mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Price
Sent: Wednesday, 27 October 2010 12:26 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Rant

It's very easy to jump up and down about this sort of stuff when it
doesn't work. Your email has made me pause and think about it, and
let's be honest, this coding stuff we do is complicated. So many
variable (pardon the pun), so much can go wrong. It doesn't always
work as intended. If it was easy then everyone would be doing it.

I know I strive to better my coding skills continually, and even after
years of coding I know there will still be bugs in my code. I don't
trust my own code (possibly a good trait, apparently) and use unit
tests etc to help improve the code quality.

It wasn't so long ago that you had to physically walk into a bank to
do your banking. It's become mainstream so fast. I can see how you
would jump up and down about a user having to enter their data
correctly, but I guess there has to be some validation. Is there a
feedback section that would allow you to let them know so they can add
it to their "to be fixed" backlog? If you don't let them know (and no
one else does) then you get what you put up with. I often send emails
or feedback to companies when I find issues with things. It doesn't
always make it to the right person but at least I tried.

cheers,
Stephen