"The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"  by Joe Kaplan
and Ryan Dunn
I am looking at my copy as I type.

Used it mainly for looking at user account attributes from AD.
Have not  used it for a while.

System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement  makes this so much easier for what
I wanted than what I found in the book,  but the book nevertheless provides a
good insight.

When first starting out with LDAP, I found Softerra's free LDAP Browser
http://www.ldapadministrator.com/download.htm very useful.

Regards Peter Maddin
Applications Development Officer
PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA
Phone : +618 9473 3944
Fax : +618 9473 3982
E-Mail : peter.mad...@pathwest.wa.gov.au
The contents of this e-mail transmission outside of the WAGHS network are
intended solely for the named recipient's), may be confidential, and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure in the public interest. The
use, reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this e-mail
transmission by any person other than the named recipient(s) is prohibited. If
you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately.