On 23 November 2010 19:57, David Connors <da...@codify.com> wrote:
> On 23 November 2010 19:20, Mark Hurd <markeh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. I thought my computer's "blank" moments (normally during
>> late startup i.e. during userinit) were "16-bit" hardware drivers not
>> allowing co-processing. Perhaps it is just imminent hardware failure
>> for me too.
>
> You won't have any "16-bit" drivers on any version of Windows from NT/Win2K
> onward.

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotes. It was just that whatever causes
the "stalls" does not get reflected in historic TaskManager graphs.

>> (In my case I think it is the DVD-ROM drive -- I don't use it very
>> much and it occasionally does not appear on the device list, but this
>> doesn't necessarily correspond to when the "blank" moments occur.)
>
> If a new DVD-ROM is going to make your life that much better, I'd suggest
> that is $19 well spent. :)

Good point. But the problem doesn't last, hasn't happened for a while
and is negligible compared to how long it takes to load my roaming
profile anyway :-)

> --
> David Connors | da...@codify.com | www.codify.com
> Software Engineer
> Codify Pty Ltd
> Phone: +61 (7) 3210 6268 | Facsimile: +61 (7) 3210 6269 | Mobile: +61 417
> 189 363
> V-Card: https://www.codify.com/cards/davidconnors
> Address Info: https://www.codify.com/contact

Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)