On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM, David Connors <da...@codify.com> wrote:
> On 29 November 2010 08:19, silky <michaelsli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's confusing because every other page was loading fine, (and in a
>> reasonable amount of time), but I couldn't authenticate to the admin
>> area, in Firefox is just kept popping up the auth screen, and in
>> Safari it instructed: "... the page reset, which may happen during
>> high load". I can confirm the site was receiving something like 20
>> requests a minute (not that many, perhaps), but I just found it quite
>> odd that I couldn't log in.
>
> I'd doubt it is load related based on your problem description.
> Windows it normally pretty good with detail in failed login events - did you
> check the event log?

I was just looking at it now, didn't see anything of particular
interest, but I'll review again.

It'd be fairly coincidental if it wasn't. However, after the load
stopped, I still wasn't able to log in again immediately. But after a
few hours of patience, it did end up working.

--
silky

http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/

of being this signature."