It is true, but you should have "bottom-up" approach, starting with the KPIs
you want to put to Dashboard to be available for executives.

I build a few dashboards using PerformancePoint 2010 and customers were
quite happy versus using custom solution that usually hard to modify and
hard to integrate with SharePoint data after it was deployed

What kind of information do you have that you want to put into Dashboard,
and what is your requirements for Dashboard?

Can you please elaborate it?

Michael Nemtsev

Microsoft MVP

B: http://msmvps.com/blogs/laflour