I have an instance of a help form that is started from a Help button on a
messagebox, itself hosted on a Windows Form. It uses a handler for the
HelpRequested event, and distinguishes between different Help messages via
the tag property of the sender control. I think that is fairly standard or
commonly used.

The only way I can find to close the help form automatically, is by storing
its handle and using SendMessage(hWnd, WM_CLOSE,0,0) which seems clumsy (I
believe any Form.Close() actually does the same, but it's the declarations
and single line bits of code in various places that just seems messy).

Of course closing the application (or the form hosting the messagebox)
closes the help form, and I don't see any bad side-effects anywhere.

Are there better ways?

  _____

Ian Thomas
Victoria Park, Western Australia