Enable remote errors to see the real underlying issue.  My guess is wcf isn't
configured which a aspnet_regiis -I will fix it.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Greg Keogh
Sent: Tuesday, 4 January 2011 17:53
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: 500 - Internal server error

Folks, I've been trying for hours to deploy a WCF HTTP Web Service onto a
Win2008 server. I've been through all of the configuration steps I can think of
in IIS, which I've done many times before on other Win 2003 servers. This is my
first attempt to install this thing on Win2008, but I can't imagine it would be
much different. When I browse the URL and SVC file I get this:

Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be
displayed.

Absolutely nothing I do will give me anything but this error. Is there some
trick I can pull to try and get more diagnostic information?

Thanks