On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Winston Pang <winstonp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Just trying to implement a system wide hot key for an app I'm doing,
> however something I'm not quite understanding, so I found some code
> that will register the hot key in my WPF app, and it's all fine works
> well, for example I'm implementing the Ctrl + Shift + C key combo, and
> basically, it's a special overloaded copy specific for my custom app
> only. However one thing I don't understand is, if someone was in
> Microsoft Word for example and pressed the Ctrl + Shift + C key combo,
> sure my app will get a message and I can respond to it, but it didn't
> actually copy the text from Word itself.
>
> So my question is, am I taking an incorrect approach to this?

It's my understanding, depending on how you've implemented this (i.e.
calling the API I've listed below), that you should call the next hook
after you've done your work. From:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644990%28VS.85%29.aspx

"Calling the CallNextHookEx function to chain to the next hook
procedure is optional, but it is highly recommended; otherwise, other
applications that have installed hooks will not receive hook
notifications and may behave incorrectly as a result. You should call
CallNextHookEx unless you absolutely need to prevent the notification
from being seen by other applications. "

--
Noon Silk

http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/  (Noon Silk) | http://www.mirios.com.au:8081 >

of being this signature."