On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM,  <djones...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've interviewed hundreds of candidates over the years.
>
> I start with.
>
> "There is no pass or fail here, I'm going to start simple and if you know the
> answers then I'll ask more difficult questions, if you don't know the answer
> just say so. I don't know everything about .net and I don't expect you to
> either"
>
> Then, subjects.
>
> Database
> file reads writes
> Serialization
> Windows forms
> Asp.net
>
> Differences between .net versions
> Sql server. / oracle questions.
>
> Where do they look to solve problems. Team mates, google etc.
>
> And finish on.
>
> I'm at your home and I want a cup of coffee, explain all the steps of how to
> make a cup of coffee.
>
> Key replys.

Do they roast their own beans?  Hell, do they grind them on demand, or
is it stale grinds?
Does their coffee machine have PID temperature control?  Did they
design the software that runs it?

> Do they ask me if I want sugar, or do they provide it anyway.

Nooo!  not sugar!

> Do they go through all the steps.
>
> Do they check if the old filter is still in the machine.

You're making me nauseous.

--
Meski

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills