Hello,

  So, I've been trying to find some people who would like to "take"
this course with me:
     + Quantum Complexity Theory:
<http://stellar.mit.edu/S/course/6/fa10/6.845/materials.html>

  Specifically, I think it would be fun to follow the course through
and discuss relevant items with a bunch of other people "taking the
course". Probably there are many other similar courses of interest,
and those could be raised and discussed and hopefully interesting
items and results could be generated. Certainly, there are many
fascinating papers that would be fun to talk about.

  The idea would be, we would meet in the city, at lunch time, and
along with lunch we would discuss the given {time periods} lectures.
Meetings would be informal, but with a specific agenda, and depending
on how many (if any) show up, there could be a slight splitting quick
discussion of relevant points, agreement of the overall concept of the
lecture or paper, and a return to whatever it is we typically do.

  To that end, (and because I've basically exhausted the list of
people I know and none of them will come), I've started the "quantum
lunch" mailing list:
    <http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch>

  So, if you're interested, join the mailing list, and over the next
week or so we can try and agree upon a date, and hopefully learn some
things of interest! Tell your friends!

--
Noon Silk

http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/  (Noon Silk) | http://www.mirios.com.au:8081 >