On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM, David Boccabella <
davidboccabe...@anubis-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> I'm on the scavenge. I am looking for an old server rack poss 42RU + and at
> least 900mm deep. Condition does not have to be perfect either. Essentially
> I have 4 standard non-rack servers and I need to be able to shelve them. I
> will be moving to rackable equip in time.
> Not worried about covers, doors etc though they would be a bonus.
>
> I'm happy to pay something for it, and the transport costs. I am in
> Brisbane
> so please no interstate offers. I have looked on eBay also and likewise
> anything interesting is interstate.

RS Components or Farnell could do new gear, Ex government disposals places,
maybe?  Last time I wanted to do this, I put a skeleton rack together out of
Dexion slotted right angle.  It's a bugger to cut, so you're better off
getting the store to cut it to the lengths you want.

http://www.dexion.com.au/images/PDFs/products/industrial/shelving_and_benches/Slotted_Angle_construction_sheet.pdf

http://www.dexion.com.au/supplycentre/storefinder/queensland.cfm

> My office is being moved and I am on a tight budget to fit everything in
> (Myself, Desk, and 4 servers)
>
> Many thanks
> Dave

> David J. Boccabella
> Proprietor
> Anubis Systems
> Phone: 0433 808 525
> Fax: 3200 0085
> Email:  davidboccabe...@anubis-systems.com
>
> This e-mail and it's contents is confidential to Anubis Systems.
> This e-mail, any attachments, or any part of can not be reproduced
> without the express written permission of Anubis Systems

Meski

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure, you'll
get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills