On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Bec Carter <bec.usern...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Yup template file will mostly likely not change and app will always
> run locally as an exe. This sort of optimisation you suggested seems
> good enough to use as it is fairly simple.
>
> ...But I was kinda questioning the design of doing things this way at
> all. It seems like what I want is a dynamic "page" (like a webform)
> that can run and spit out text just like an asp page does.....so the
> placeholders would really be <%= %> tags. Is something like this an
> option? Can I somehow run an asp.net page locally? Will this cause
> performance problems for 750megs of data which is around 70 pages? Am
> I going completely crazy? :-)

I think the reason it "seems" wrong is that you'd typically generate
the surrounding data as well. From the sounds of things, something
else is generating that for you, and then you "add your part". It
could be that there is a better way for you to "add your part", but
we'd need to know how the initial generation is being done.

In this case, I think your proposed solution is appropriate; even
Bills latest comment is "technically acceptable", but would probably,
IMHO, introduce too much confusion if the process were to change a
bit.

--
Noon Silk

http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/  (Noon Silk) | http://www.mirios.com.au:8081 >