IIRC in the Reflector output of the Framework there are a number of
similar constructs.

Some can be explained (such as the ones in the Microsoft.VisualBasic
namespace) where they explicitly WANT to lose the extra history so the
exception looks like it is local to the VB routine and not from
something deeper in the framework.

But there are other versions of this construct, including with just
Throw, where I cannot confirm the reason. Of course, the shared source
may explain it it due to logging and other code being commented out in
the live build.

Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)