Thank goodness! Hell ugly laptops. Always have been. Maybe i'm just
superficial. :)

I was looking at the Vostro V130 Wallace recommended. Looks very nice. I get
these Dell emails about the Vostro's all the time and to be honest I've
always been underimpressed by them. I look at the business range and compare
them to the XPS's or the Studio laptops and wonder if i'm missing something.
Are the business laptops more targetted at the people who just use word and
excel or something?

Shopping around for a laptop my wife can use at the moment... The way she
currently uses her (my old) XPS m1210, it needs to be small, light and NOT
have all its fans on the bottom. It runs at 100% cpu a lot and I think its
because she sits it on her lap on a pillow. Poor thing gets so damn hot
having its air vents smothered by a pillow. I dare not say anything in case
i'm next. (I'm kidding, I do dare saying something a lot. If I dissapear
suddenly you'll know why...)
Does the V130 have any vents on the bottom? It looks like there's one at the
back but they have no pics of the bottom of the laptop on their site. It
looks pretty slick laptop actually... I didn't see any options to configure
it with an SSD hard drive. Ah well probably better to get an after market
one anyway.