For the folders that you've applied permissions to, run icacls <foldername> to
display the effective permissions - this might show up an account/group that is
applied you're not aware of.

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Thursday, 24 March 2011 2:06 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: [OT] Domain groups ineffective

Did you logoff and log back on?
The groups in your security token are populated when you logon.

Reboots and re-logins have no effect. I can assign an old group (containing me)
to a folder and it gives me permissions immediately as you'd expect. If I do
the same with a new group there is no effect.

I checked I am making Global Security groups, not some other type. I'm creating
the groups the same way I did weeks ago.

This problem is also tricky because I can't yet find any Google search word
combinations that give useful results.