On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Stephen Price <step...@littlevoices.com> wrote:
> Thanks David. I feel much happier about my rant now. I don't usually do
> them, but really happy to know that it's not fallen on deaf ears.
> Passing it up the chain is the best thing I could hope for, short of the
> documentation actually being improved. :)

The docs are terrible though and have been for several years, as
others have said. I don't think comments here will change that.

David's comments may provide reasons but it's clear MS just doesn't
value it; which is fine, they don't really have to, that's why they
promote MVP's and related people and sites, to allow the community to
document it.

It works, to a degree.

But it'd be nice if one day the MSDN wasn't (in general) widely
considered rubbish. The most annoying part, for me, is that MS pushes
the onus of work on us: You help us improve it! Make Suggestions! Rate
it!

Bah. You make it usable, then we'll talk about how awesome it is to
our friends. In the mean time we'll continue to be frustrated by it.
Reporting bugs or making suggestsions is always a frustrating process;
it relies on many people doing it, and your suggestions even being
good (which they may not be).

Even just the clicking-ness of MSDN is shocking. JavaDocs, at least as
far as I remember, were beautiful.

That said, sometimes I do find MSDN useful; and at least recently been
specifically annoyed by it. But I think that's because I've stopped
reading it (or stopped learning new things :P)

--
Noon Silk

http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/  (Noon Silk) | http://www.mirios.com.au:8081 >

Fancy a quantum lunch?