http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_servers_does_Google_have

<http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_servers_does_Google_have>Google
currently have around 1 million servers. Mega sites can't be done cheaply.
One of the benefits of cloud services is they can scale to meet demand as
the servers are all virtual and you just spin up new instances as required.

Having said that, a site like Facebook could probably run on one server, as
long as you have no traffic. With MySpace's current market trajectory you
can probably buy it in a year for a dollar.