I use a self created ORM solution where the DAL DLL does not need changing
between projects as it maps the entity object to the appropriate stored proc
based on custom class attributes.  A custom built code gen builds the
entities and stored procs (as well as WPF MVVM View & VM, ASP.NET Forms &
usercontrols) based on the db structure, so any changes to the database are
easily updated in the stored proc, and then in the entity classes.

Thinking of making it available for sale, hopefully sometime this year...
 Ideas are far outweighing my time availability at this point.

Grant