Folks, a relative just loaned me a Toshiba Satellite Notebook of some sort
(I can't find any identification on it) which stops and asks for a
fingerprint swipe or the BIOS password. We're locked out of it. I ran some
web searches on the matter and some suggest that you pull the BIOS battery
out, some say this won't work and you have to pull a jumper pin, and some
say that won't work and it has to go back to an authorised service centre.

I've never dismantled a notebook before and I'm not going to waste hours
trying to get the motherboard battery and pins deep inside by just bumbling
around.

Does anyone have better advice on this matter? Is there a workaround, or is
it back to the dealer?