From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Bill McCarthy
Sent: Monday, 1 August 2011 10:11 AM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Lightswitch - really clever - really slow

Hi Kristen,

When I was testing the beta bits, I defiantly thought it was slow to start,
but with the final it seems fine to me. That might just be due to different
hardware configs though as I keep Beta's to VM's, where-as the RTM bits I've
installed on my new-ish Dell XPS 17 which has pretty high windows experience
index ratings.

Given that it does a full client server delivery even when running locally,
then I think the perf isn't that bad given it's spinning up the WCF server
layer, entity framework layer and firing up WPF/Silverlight.