Hi All,

A friend of mine is asking me questions about ASP.NET Dynamic Data

http://www.asp.net/dynamicdata

With me not being in the web UI space much, I'd never heard of it
before. Any opinions on it's worth? He's building a large enterprise
system, that is to replace his companies legacy system (they are about
to go through a massive growth spurt, and have recognized their current
system, which they inherited in a "buy out" situation, is just not going
to cut it). I'm trying to convince him to architect the system properly
with a nice layed approach, but this Dynamic Data seems to want to
reference the entity framework context directly, which to my
understanding will make it impossible to put a service layer in place,
so use concepts like repository implementations, etc, etc.

To be it sounds like something he should pass over, but it's shiny and
new to him, which  has taken his attention, even tho all he seems to be
able to tell me is how it won't work.

Should he persist with this, or is there a better direction he should
take now.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

<<image001.jpg>>