From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of David Boccabella
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 2:29 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: Name of process

Hi there

I am trying to find the name of a process so I can then  look for coding
example on google to do it. Unfortunately it will be in VB6.

Imagine.

You have an irregular shaped circle with 400 points on the circumference.
Each point is represented numerically as the radius from the center to that
point.

Now - you need to give this to a system that requires 1000 point, so you
need to  'generate' additional points  that would lie on the circumference
if the original circle was plotted with 1000 instead of 400.

I think the term is interpolating with bsplines but I am not sure.   The
company I work for manufactures lenses for specticles and some of the
equipment will trace the shape of a lens using 400, 100, or 1000 points. And
other machines that cut the lenses want 1000 points. So I need to convert
the 400 point traces to 1000 ones.

Many thanks for any advice

Dave

David J. Boccabella

Proprietor
Anubis Systems
Phone: 0433 808 525

Fax: 3200 0085
Email:   <mailto:boo...@cvsol.com> davidboccabe...@anubis-systems.com

This e-mail and it's contents is confidential to Anubis Systems.
This e-mail, any attachments, or any part of can not be reproduced
without the express written permission of Anubis Systems