End is very bad,  replace it with application.exit.

End will leave threads / resources active/open.

Davy

-----Original Message-----
From: "Peter Maddin" <petermad...@iinet.net.au>
Sender: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:59:13
To: 'ozDotNet'<ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: vb.net question

I do not code in vb.net but have been given vb.net source to look at.

I have noticed that I have an event handler coded as

    Private Sub _testCatalogue_ViewerNewVersion(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles _testCatalogue.ViewerNewVersion

        End

    End Sub

When it hits the End statement the application closes. I am expecting that,
but I have tried to find out where this 'End' is documented.

Is there a list of vb.net commands that specifies what this does. I would
have thought that closing the main form would close the application, but
this "End" seems to do this ok.

Regards Peter Maddin
Applications Development Officer
PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA
Phone : +618 6396 4285 (Monday, Wednesday,Friday)

Phone : +618 9346 4372 (Tuesday, Thursday)
Mobile: 0423 540 825
E-Mail : petermad...@iinet.net.au; peter.mad...@health.wa.gov.au
The contents of this e-mail transmission outside of the WAGHS network are
intended solely for the named recipient's), may be confidential, and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure in the public interest.
The use, reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this
e-mail transmission by any person other than the named recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender
immediately.