From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Peter Maddin
Sent: Wednesday, 14 December 2011 3:55 PM
To: djones...@gmail.com; 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: ASP.NET web site

Thanks
>> Yeah that is a 1.1 vb web page

I suspected as much.

>> looks like it was either a wizard conversion from asp to asp.net,

It does look like a converted asp application. I actually checked out some asp
examples in order to compare asp code with what I was looking at.

>> Try turning option explicit off and option strict off in the project
properties.

I'll give that a try.

>> My first reaction, is scrap it and rewrite

I could not agree more but the powers that be would prefer one to maintain
what's there and avoid a rewrite if possible.

>> Which is the reason I decided not to do vb.net and do c# instead.

I also decided not to use vb.net and go with C#. Have not regretted that
decision until I was landed with this.