From: "Greg Keogh" <g...@mira.net>
Sender: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:53:14
To: 'ozDotNet'<ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: The way NuGet works

People have been talking about NuGet a bit so I thought I'd try it out.

The very first thing that confused me was the relationship between the NuGet
packages I install and those that I have already installed by other means.
For example I get packages for Entity Framework, Nunit and SQL CE, but I
already have these installed. So I opened a small console app and added the
NUnit package to see what happens. I see that it adds 3 references like this
sample:

E:\dev\command\myapp\packages\NUnit.2.5.10.11092\lib\nunit.framework.dll

Then I see that it has created a packages folder under my solution folder
containing 55 files in 4 folders with a total size of 3.8MB. Now this seems
a bit heavy-handed ... it will create duplicated and redundant files in
projects everywhere, multiple tool versions can be installed, and it will
make version control and deployment trickier. I'm utterly bewildered by what
NuGet has done and find it hard to believe that anyone would find this
acceptable.

Am I missing something?