Hi All,

I've been asked to look into creating an application that may well work well in the cloud;

* High numbers of adhoc/recurrent users
* Highly variable number of users per period
* Relatively high data requirements per user
* "Peaky" usage profile for users (application is used for a day a week, but often in bursts by groups of users)
etc

We are looking at ways to both develop and host this application - it is currently an asp.net application with sql backend, but looking to move to support more  platforms  (RESTful services, etc).

As such, I am wondering whether anyone has any comments on using the various cloud services available? What is available, how are they used, cost/reliability/technical trade offs?

Thanks,
Rob