On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Greg Keogh <g...@mira.net> wrote:
[ ... ]

I’m guessing that signtool rejects expired certificates and I can’t find
> any way of overriding the behaviour. I’d still like to do some signing even
> though it is expired, because at least it sticks my identification inside
> and people can see it during installation. Is there a trick I can pull to
> use the expired cert?
>
> **
>
> ** **
>
> <winge>Damn those certs are expensive. I got that one for free, but a
> Verisign renewal is $895 for two years. Thawte is $549 for two years.
> Jeeeez, it works out at about a dollar per binary bit of the key.</winge>

Comodo starts at $166.95 / year according to their web site.

You're doing your own name/good will a disservice and teaching your users
bad habits by distributing software with an expired cert.

--
*David Connors* | da...@codify.com | www.codify.com
Codify Pty Ltd