I want to use linqtosql to do crud.

I want to bind a viewgrid to a linqdatasource which is bound to a
datacontext.

If you want to do this for every row in the table that is easy.

I want to dynamically build a linq query to return a subset of rows that I
can manipulate and update within the viewgrid and then apply the changes
back to the database.

The linqdatasource requires a contexttypename and then a table name.

Is it possible to build a dynamic linq query i.e. get all customers that are
in Victoria and have a debt less than $1000 and bind this via the
linqdatasource to my ViewGrid. I can then update records via the ViewGrid
and then submit these back using the datacontext.

I would seem this would be a fairly common requirement. All my information
on LINQ requires me to wade through pages of how to dump stuff to the
console or do really simple binding.

Regards Peter Maddin
Applications Development Officer
PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA
Phone : +618 6396 4285 (Monday, Wednesday,Friday)

Phone : +618 9346 4372 (Tuesday, Thursday)
Mobile: 0423 540 825
E-Mail : petermad...@iinet.net.au; peter.mad...@health.wa.gov.au
The contents of this e-mail transmission outside of the WAGHS network are
intended solely for the named recipient's), may be confidential, and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure in the public interest.
The use, reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this
e-mail transmission by any person other than the named recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender
immediately.