I know Phil Haack's implementation is latest and great, but what if
this,please comments if i prefer this approach of article written by:
Omar Al Zabir
"Simulate a Windows Service using ASP.NET to run scheduled jobs"
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/12117/Simulate-a-Windows-Service-using-ASP-NET-to-run-sc

please do comments the pros & cons of this implementation.

thanks in advance.
Regards,
-MN
On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 3:22 AM, Filip Kratochvil <filip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a look at Quartz.NET (http://quartznet.sourceforge.net/).
>

> On 6 April 2012 19:25, Michael Minutillo <michael.minuti...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> A good starting point is this article by Phil Haack
>> http://haacked.com/archive/2011/10/16/the-dangers-of-implementing-recurring-background-tasks-in-asp-net.aspx
>>
>> I don't think they can kill off threads (unless they have customized the
>> ASP.NET host) but they can recycle your app pool if you don't take steps to
>> prevent it
>>
>> On Apr 6, 2012 4:13 PM, "Muhammad Niaz Rana" <forni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you please send any sample source code, what you did if possible
>>> or any url to get the idea.
>>>

>>> thanks in advance.

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,